Join Team Planet and help us reverse climate change
We are a group of passionate individuals who use their skills to make a meaningful impact in the fight against climate change. Want to join team planet? Why not do it as part of CarbonClick! Check out our jobs below.
Who we are
Does working on innovative solutions to the greatest problem of our time make you tick? At CarbonClick, we’re reinventing carbon offsetting as a truly effective tool to fight climate change.
Our technology helps businesses and individuals understand their environmental footprint, learn how to reduce their footprint and mitigate what’s left by supporting awesome reforestation and renewable energy projects across the globe.
We’ve already had a big impact with 1000+ businesses in 40 countries using our technology neutralising 40m kg of CO2 to date. But we’re just getting started!
What we’re looking for
As a hands-on Full Stack Developer, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our technical leadership team to build world class solutions that solve the world’s most pressing problem.
You will collaborate with the CTO and Lead Engineer to understand our customers needs, our tech stack to continue to deliver elegant, robust, scalable and secure solutions to our customers.
- On the back end, build effective and efficient code that drives key areas of our software
- Assist with the design and implementation of our core Resful API stack
- On the front-end, build effective, responsive design and turning it into a working website
- Help create, update, and maintain core CarbonClick web products built in Java, React and Typescript
- Work with the lead engineer and CTO to design clean and effective solution architectures to meet feature development requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in Java and experience with Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience building websites using responsive design
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Xdebug, Firebug, Chrome DevTools, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience RDBMS such as Postgres
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools i.e. GIT
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal and team skills with a track record of developing positive working relationships
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills focused on results
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative thinker that’s comfortable working with ambiguity
- Committed to continuous learning and following coding best practices
Nice to have
- Graphic design skills using Figma or equivalent tool.
- Experience deploying applications in AWS.
Whats On Offer
- Salary commensurate with experience including access to an attractive Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP).
- Small company environment with great social events and fun culture.
- Flexible working hours.
- The opportunity to work on world leading products with some of the worlds best known companies.
Come help change the world with CarbonClick! Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] detailing why you’re the right person for this role today.
We are looking for a motivated Marketing Assistant to join our team of sustainability enthusiasts at CarbonClick. If you’re eager to apply your passion for marketing, develop your skills and you share our love for the planet, we’d like to hear from you. The ideal candidate will have just left university or perhaps had a year experience in a similar role. You should have a good understanding of marketing, but most importantly a great attitude, attention to detail and willingness to learn. You will be working closely with our Marketing Manager, customers all around the world, and a global team of climate warriors. At CarbonClick, every opinion and idea is heard, valued and considered.
CarbonClick helps businesses to take climate action through high quality, uniquely transparent carbon offsetting programmes for businesses (such as aviation, e-commerce and corporate travel). CarbonClick was founded in 2019 and is now trusted by more than 1,000 brands globally.
Marketing admin & support:
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of all marketing activities
- Support wider marketing team in organising various projects
- Update and maintain spreadsheets, customer databases and content inventories
- Maintain and organise inventory of brand assets
- Assist in lead assignment, tracking and nurturing
- Support the organising of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
- Monitor and respond to social media engagement
- Communicate directly with the wider team, suppliers and clients and encourage trusting relationships
- Prepare and maintain a calendar of marketing activities (e.g. launches, client onboarding, PR, campaigns) and coordinate with other business functions to populate the company’s collective calendar.
- Maintaining tools and software related to marketing (Mailchimp, Hubspot, Coda, etc.)
Metrics reporting & research:
- Assist in conducting market research and analyse customer insights
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Prepare customer metrics reports
Collateral & content support:
- Support in the preparation of promotional presentations
- Support to compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Assist preparations for creating marketing collateral (brochures, press releases etc.)
- Set up email templates and support in creating automation nurture journeys
- Prepare and maintain the client onboarding materials and process
- Support clients ongoing co-branded posts and promotions
Qualifications and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field preferred
- Initial experience in marketing (placement, internship or a junior position)
- Knowledge of relevant marketing (email marketing, marketing automation) tools, social media channels and applications is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Suite preferred (incl. Word/Docs, Powerpoint/Slides and Excel/Sheets)
- Knowledge of Canva or Figma is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Superior organisational and time management skills
- An eye for design
- Excellent verbal & written English language skills
We are looking for someone to start the new position as soon as possible.
If this sounds like you, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Should you have any questions about the role, don’t hesitate to send us an email.
Meet the team
Interested to know who we are and what we do? Click the button to find out.