Join Team Planet and help us reverse climate change
We are a group of passionate individuals who use their skills to make a meaningful impact in the fight against climate change. Want to join team planet? Why not do it as part of CarbonClick! Check out our jobs below.
Who we are
Does working on innovative solutions to the greatest problem of our time make you tick? At CarbonClick, we’re reinventing carbon offsetting as a truly effective tool to fight climate change.
Our technology helps businesses and individuals understand their environmental footprint, learn how to reduce their footprint and mitigate what’s left by supporting awesome reforestation and renewable energy projects across the globe.
We’ve already had a big impact with 1000+ businesses in 40 countries using our technology neutralising 40m kg of CO2 to date. But we’re just getting started!
What we’re looking for
As a hands-on Full Stack Developer, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our technical leadership team to build world class solutions that solve the world’s most pressing problem.
You will collaborate with the CTO and Lead Engineer to understand our customers needs, our tech stack to continue to deliver elegant, robust, scalable and secure solutions to our customers.
- On the back end, build effective and efficient code that drives key areas of our software
- Assist with the design and implementation of our core Resful API stack
- On the front-end, build effective, responsive design and turning it into a working website
- Help create, update, and maintain core CarbonClick web products built in Java, React and Typescript
- Work with the lead engineer and CTO to design clean and effective solution architectures to meet feature development requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in Java and experience with Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience building websites using responsive design
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Xdebug, Firebug, Chrome DevTools, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience RDBMS such as Postgres
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools i.e. GIT
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal and team skills with a track record of developing positive working relationships
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills focused on results
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative thinker that’s comfortable working with ambiguity
- Committed to continuous learning and following coding best practices
Nice to have
- Graphic design skills using Figma or equivalent tool.
- Experience deploying applications in AWS.
Whats On Offer
- Salary commensurate with experience including access to an attractive Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP).
- Small company environment with great social events and fun culture.
- Flexible working hours.
- The opportunity to work on world leading products with some of the worlds best known companies.
Come help change the world with CarbonClick! Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] detailing why you’re the right person for this role today.
Meet the team
Interested to know who we are and what we do? Click the button to find out.